Wednesday 26 March 2014

Half-Drop repeat pattern


original pattern design

The process to make the half drop repeat pattern was very similar to the way I made the brick repeat pattern only differing when setting the offset and the anchor (bringing it to the right rather than below) and therefore found it much easier however it still did not come naturally to me- I needed to look back at my notes quite a few times!

finished Half-Drop repeat pattern
I love using photoshop to create different patterns and learning many new and different techniques during it, I really like this pattern and how the turquoise diamonds have been split in half, in turn creating a zig-zag when the offset was made. I think the colours work really well together and the whole pattern is a good example of bauhaus (my art movement) due to the vivid contrasting colours and bold use of geometric shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment